To view my father’s photography, please visit thefrankespadagalleries.com
The notes and essays in this collection were written over the last couple of years, as I’ve prepared for events, and communicated with scholars, curators, and representatives from universities. In a few cases, I’ve included something just because it has a family story or two in it. Perhaps all together these will help someone who is interested to get a fuller idea of who my father was, along with his own writing, and his art, of course.
The linked essays can be viewed on this site, accompanied by my father’s photographs, or read as text in the pdf.
1. The first thing you need to know about my father
5. Two stories by Frank Espada
6. Opening remarks at the Tribute to Frank Espada, hosted by John Santos,
August 9th, 2015
7. Towards a Useful Definition of Latino Art
9. Frank Espada’s Social Documentary Photography in the 1990’s
10. The Glory of the Good Fight
11. The barest outline of a Master
12. How things change
14. Twenty-three sixteen – a letter to the future